Pages

Wednesday, November 7, 2012

My Vision and Mission for my Life

In a college Leadership Class I recently took, I was given an assignment to write out a Personal Leadership Plan. 

There are 6 parts to this Personal Leadership Plan. I'm not sure yet if I will post all of them here or not.
  1. Knowing Myself
  2. Knowing my Past
  3. Vision & Mission
  4. SMART Goals
  5. Mentors
  6. Skills I Need
This assignment was: Vision and Mission:
  • The How & Why of God's Calling as I now understand



My Vision Statement:
My vision is to equip believers throughout the world to walk a more Christ-centered life in the specific area of Biblical principles of finance and stewardship. My role in this vision is to serve and influence those that are struggling in business, to encourage the poor, and provide counsel to those who have legitimate needs. My ultimate desire is that each Christian would be equipped to live their lives in the way of our Lord and Master Jesus Christ in all areas of life, and specifically in the area of stewardship & finances. 
I desire to see both believers & non-believers living out a Biblical Worldview in all areas of life, but especially in the specific area of Finance & Stewardship. I have had this passion and desire for probably the last 3-4 years. I have spent much time in prayer and scripture reading about this vision and passion that I believe the Lord has placed in my life. Here are some specific areas that I believe God has called me to spend time sharing with others to build a Biblical Worldview in the Area of Finance & Stewardship. I have included some scripture on some of these points that will lead/have led me & guided me in these areas.
  1. Know what it means to be financially free.
    • Beware that thou forget not the Lord thy God, … And thou say in thine heart, My power and the might of mine hand hath gotten me this wealth. But thou shalt remember the Lord thy God: for it is he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as it is this day. (Deuteronomy 8:11, 17-18)
  2. Know what God’s Purposes for Money are
    • For the eyes of the Lord run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him…” (2 Chronicles 16:9)
  3. Choose to serve God rather than Money
    • No man can serve two masters: for either he will hate the one, and love the other; or else he will hold to the one, and despise the other. Ye cannot serve God and mammon. [Money] (Matthew 6:24)
  4. The importance of Tithing & Christian Giving
    • Will a man rob God? Yet ye have robbed me. But ye say, Wherein have we robbed thee? In tithes and offerings. Ye are cursed with a curse: for ye have robbed me, even this whole nation. Bring ye all the tithes into the storehouse, that there may be meat in mine house, and prove me now herewith, saith the Lord of hosts, if I will not open you the windows of heaven, and pour you out a blessing, that there shall not be room enough to receive it. (Malachi 3:8-10)
  5. The danger of Debt & the clear scriptural principles against Debt in the life of a Believer
    • Owe no man any thing, but to love one another: for he that loveth another hath fulfilled the law. (Romans 13:8)
  6. Self-Control from dangerous spending habits
    • I know both how to be abased, and I know how to abound: every where and in all things I am instructed both to be full and to be hungry, both to abound and to suffer need. (Philippians 4:12)
  7. Learn Accounting Principles that benefit the life of a Believer
    • Moreover it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. (1 Corinthians 4:2)
  8. Never Co-sign for someone else
    • Be not thou one of them that strike hands, or of them that are sureties for debts. (Proverbs 22:6)
  9. Choose a Good Name (whatever the cost)
    • A good name is rather to be chosen than great riches, and loving favour rather than silver and gold. (Proverbs 22:1)
  10. Principles of Praying for Money
    • And this is the confidence that we have in him, that, if we ask any thing according to his will, he heareth us: And if we know that he hear us, whatsoever we ask, we know that we have the petitions that we desired of him. (1 John 5:14-15)
  11. The dangers of Business Partnerships
  12. Biblical Principles of Retirement
  13. The place of College in the life of a believer
    • Look at John 21 & Deuteronomy 6
  14. Avoid Divorce by living in Financial Freedom
    • God made the man and the woman specifically to complement each other in marriage. Concerning divorce, Jesus said unequivocally, "From the beginning it was not so" (Matthew 19:8). God did not say to Adam, "Now I made this woman to be your wife, but if your marriage doesn't work out, you may divorce her, and we'll try another rib!"
    • The Scriptural account of God making a suitable companion for Adam concludes with the statement, "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh" (Genesis 2:24). This speaks clearly of lifelong fidelity.
  15. Avoid the trap of slothfulness
    • For even when we were with you, this we commanded you, that if any would not work, neither should he eat. (2 Thessalonians 3:10)
  16. Give your Business to God
  17. Set Priorities
  18. Balance Life & Work
  19. Strengthen Your Relationship with God
  20. Build a Lasting Heritage
    • But lay up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where neither moth nor rust doth corrupt, and where thieves do not break through nor steal: For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. (Matthew 6:20-21)

My Mission Statement:

My mission in life is to help believers become educated in Biblical principles of finance & stewardship so that they will use their money & resources in a way that would please our Master. I will do this by writing books, counseling others one-to-one, speaking in front of live audiences, and by using technology to be able to reach as many believers around the globe as possible. I will live my life in a way that will back up, and not contradict, my written and spoken word. I will seek the counsel and guidance of older godly men who have lived a life of Christian service and have greatly sacrificed of their resources for the Kingdom of God.

My Mission is played out in the specific area of sharing the specific 20+ Principles I laid out above.

Why has God called me to this ministry? Because I believe that many Christians and non-Christians alike are bringing God’s judgment upon their lives and upon our nation through not living out a Biblical Worldview in Finances & Stewardship. Hardly anyone is stepping up and clearly warning others of God’s Judgment coming upon our nation & specifically upon our individual lives by not living by his principles in this area. God has given me a passion and a desire to see true genuine Christianity played out in the lives of believers through how we handle our finances.

Check out my blog about my College Life here - http://calebjenkins-collegeplus.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment